My employer is looking for IT staff. See descriptions for more
Timber Hill (Europe) AG is a member of the Interactive Brokers
Group, Inc. (IBG) (NASDAQ: IBKR), one of the largest
international securities dealers with over US$10 billion in
market capitalization. Timber Hill Europe is the headquarters
and lead affiliate for the Groups European operations and has
well established and successful businesses in both proprietary
trading and client brokerage services. Our focus on technological
solutions keeps us on the leading edge of the financial service
industry. With operations in the financial markets of currently
24 countries and 70 exchanges, IBG is one of the leading
participants in listed derivatives globally.
Due to the rapid growth and expansion of our business activities
in various markets, we have the following full-time openings for
professional, motivated and technologically oriented candidates
Trading System Support
* Monitoring, maintaining and improving the system files and
* Adapting, maintaining and changing proprietary data
* Adding new (market) products and new pricing tools
* Assist and support the trading desk with any trading
* Ensure at all times the accurate functioning of the
* Practical experience in Linux/Unix operating systems
* Programming skills: Shell Script and Perl
* Good knowledge of parsing files (XML, HTML)
* Ability to analyze and solve problems promptly and accurately
* Detail orientated, conscientious and reliable working habit
* Good English and German
Systems Support & Operations Specialists
Timber Hill is looking for System Support Technician to join a
technical operations group which is responsible for overall
integrity of the system during European business hours.
Technicians will be responsible for in depth support for Help
Desk, Trading and other in-house operations groups in Europe,
US and Asia.
* Good working knowledge of UNIX operating systems.
* Good English communication skills oral and written.
* Programming skills: shell script and perl essential.
Experience in java, php and web technologies is a plus.
* Previous support related position experience is a plus.
* Previous experience in the financial industry is a plus.
* Monitoring & troubleshooting of the Brokerage & Trading
(system operating processes, network services and
* Troubleshooting of problems reported by other In-House
* Interact with various levels of the organization to
communicate problem status and resolution.
* Testing the functionality of various internal system
* Problem reporting and documentation.
* Development of tools for operation groups using perl,
shell script web tools.
Linux System Administrator
* Configuration of new systems for the European data
headquarters in Zug,
* affiliated branches, and Co-locations around Europe
* Assure guarantee of the system stability and real-time
control of the performance
* Development of tools for the surveillance and automation of
system administrative tasks
* Support of remote systems located in North America and Asia
during European Business hours
* Several years of experience in Linux/Unix administration
* Experience with web servers, firewalls, and network security
* Good English writing and reading skills
* Experience in programming with Perl and Shell scripts
* Efficient, team oriented work habits
* Experience with HP Proliant servers
* International fast growing environment within a highly
* Flexible working hours
* Compensation package including share plan
If you have drive, motivation and initiative, we can offer you
real responsibility and the opportunity to work in a demanding
but rewarding team oriented environment. Are you interested in
this challenging position within a financially successful and
technologically advanced organization? Then please send your
Timber Hill (Europe) AG
Claude Ritzmann, Gotthardstrasse 3
Ph. 041 726 50 80
Fax 041 726 95 45
Wo Informationen fehlen, da entstehen Geruechte.