thanks to everyone who responded.
In the meanwhile, I made some performance tests with Atom CPU (the initial project was for
a small office PBX):
I will also write some feedback when I choose and get the appliance at hand.
From: Stanislav Sinyagin <ssinyagin(a)yahoo.com>
To: "swinog(a)swinog.ch" <swinog(a)swinog.ch>
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:20 AM
Subject: [swinog] Looking for a fanless server
I'm looking for a Swiss supplier that would offer fanless server appliances, as
* 19" rack mount, 1RU high
* Fanless design (no moving parts), ability to operate in a normal room environment (25C
* Modern CPU, like Core i5 or i7, or some latest-generation ARM, or maybe even MIPS
architecture of comparable performance
* Graphical performance is non-important, a standard VGA is fine, serial or USB console is
* Two SSD hard drives. Probably a RAID controller, but also fine without it
* Support for 2 or more GB RAM
* Two or more 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports
* Linux support for all hardware components
* 1-2 years warranty, replacement within a week by post.
This is a one-off, low-volume request, 1 or 2 devices for the start,
and maybe 3-5 devices within a year or two.
Quotations will be welcome at ssinyagin(a)k-open.com
swinog mailing list