Is there an IOS/Apple app for IRC that acts like an messenger app? (eg persistant
Am 13.02.2020 um 21:35 schrieb Nico Schottelius
I was waiting for the chat system discussion to start,
it's good that we IT communities are so predictable :-).
My 4.99 rounded Rappen:
1) I fully understand Massimiliano's approach to "just do it" and not to
think too much about the medium
2) IRC has the "disconnect/no history issue"
3) If I was to have an opinion on a chat system (hehe) I'd say we should
go with matrix, as it is IRC with
however I might not have an opinion here
4) I'm waiting for the person pointing out XMPP is the same principle
5) There is matterbridge  which we heavily use at ungleich, which can
bridge almost anything to anything. In case we want to bridge irc to
telegram to matrix to xmpp to slack and whatsapp, it's an easy thing
Simon, you made my evening!
p.s.: This email was written in emacs.
Simon Leinen <simon.leinen(a)switch.ch> writes:
Ralph Krämer writes:
why telegram and not signal or threema?
Why not all! And fivema and sixma as well!!
Seriously, what was wrong with irc.swinog.ch?
Is IRC considered a boomer thing that millenials won't touch?
Just curious - I'm happy to follow everyone everywhere, but not
everybody does, and I worry about fragmenting the community.
Modern, affordable, Swiss Virtual Machines. Visit www.datacenterlight.ch
swinog mailing list